I’m really excited to announce that Sand And Sky Creations has gone even greener! Along with using fibers and yarns bought from local family businesses and offering digital patterns instead of printed copies to reduce paper waste, my site is now powered by 100% wind energy.
Other ways in which I have been reducing my impact are:
- I use natural and eco friendly fibers to create each of my items.
- All items are hand knit or crocheted by myself
- All handspun yarns are spun by myself on either my drop spindle or Ashford Kiwi.
- All items and handspun yarns are washed with bio-degradable and eco friendly wool wash in cold water.
- Plants used for natural dying are grown in my own yard without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides (we’re all about organic gardening here!) and wild plant material is gathered in a sustainable way.
- My creations are made to last with sturdy construction and finishing techniques.