I’ve been on a quite a reading binge for the past couple of week and have slacked a bit in my knitting. These are a few of the books I’ve finished recently, so you’ll see why I was so wrapped up in reading:
- “Except the Dying” by Marueen Jennings
- “Little Dorrit” by Charles Dickens
- “Carmilla” by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
- “The Pearl” by John Steinbeck
- “The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” by Robert Louis Stevenson
- “The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes” by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- “The Woman in White” by Wilkie Collins
I can honesty say that I recommend them all, if you are looking for a good read, but I didn’t intend to make this post about reading … 😉
So back to knitting! I’ve picked up my handspun lion mittens again and am trucking right along. The first mitten is completely finished and the second is well under way. It is the kind of project that, once you’ve started on it, it is very hard to put away after “just one more round.” The palm portion of the mitten is easily memorized and I love watching the lion pattern on the back of the mitten morph and appear with each passing round. I am also really enjoying how the “Mumblers” colorway in the handspun slowly transitions from color to color. An all around fun and satisfying project!
What crafty fun have you been up to? I’d love to hear all about it!