2012 was a really great year. Here are a few of our favorite things:
- We started homeschooling
- We enjoy the first nectarines from our tree and our first large harvest of Catawba grapes (both were delicious!)
- Lots of experimentation in the kitchen and we tried out some new gluten free and paleo recipes to boot!
- Went kayaking
- Got in lots of family time
- Planted blueberry bushes
- Went exploring
- Found some great patches of Purple Sand Cherries and wild blueberries
- Relaxed at the beach
- Got hooked on kettlebell
- And I’m still running too
On the fiber arts front, it was also a good year. Here are some of those highlights:
- A LOT of knitting – 12 shawls, 10 hats, 5 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of mittens, and one pair of legwarmers
- Even more spinning. I met and surpassed my spinning goal of 12 lbs in 2012.
- Learned to wash and card wool
- Experimented with different spinning techniques and fell in love with woolen spinning
- Busted out the dye pot and got creative
- Tried lots of new-to-me fibers
- Wrote 4 new knitting patterns
- Set up at my first EVER craft fair
As many of you know I’m not one for making New Years Resolutions but I do have a couple of goals that I would like to work toward in 2013.
- I’ve kept up my running (I’m still slow as heck but I’m fine with that) but I would like to run in the “Freeze Your Gizzard” 10K in Montague in February and would like to do the Run For The Cure again this year as well.
- I would like to try to spin 13 lbs of wool this year. I look forward to experimenting with more new fibers and techniques and learning more and more about spinning.
- And this is a big and super scary one for me … I think that I would like to apply for membership in the PEI Crafts Council. It is juried and I’m terrified but it is something that I have thought on long and hard and I think I’m finally ready to try. If nothing else, it will give me a good idea of areas of my work that need fine tuning and I can take it from there.
So there are my goals for 2013. Not a huge list but it should be enough to keep me busy.
Do you make New Year’s resolutions or set goals for the upcoming year? I’d love to hear all about yours!