This week’s work-in-progress is a little bit extra special. It is a handspun version of the Bobba Hat from Woolly Wormhead’s brand spankin’ new book, “Classic Woolly Toppers.” I am knitting the toddler size for Little Miss Willow since she was sweet enough to haul the fiber from my stash and tell me, “I NEED at hat in this pretty purple!” Who am I to argue? Lol.
The fiber is lovely silky BFL in “Calypso” colorway by Greenwood Fibers spun up as an aran weight 2 ply. I really, really, REALLY love this fiber and colorway. I wish that I had pounds of it to spin
A funny little side note about the picture above … If you have been reading my blog for a while you might remember a post I did on our resident squirrel buddy, Gonzo The Bold. Gonzo is still around and friendlier that ever. He finds it quite amusing to sit in the tree above us and drop rose hips into our coffees and a whole assortment of other mischief. While I was taking pictures this week’s WIP Wednesday post, Gonzo was true to form and had a great time dropping rose hips on my head and chattering away at me. I had to stop several times to pick the rose hips off my knitting!
Back to knitting now, I have a little secret. You want to know what it is?
I know you do!
In celebrations of Woolly Wormhead’s book’s release, she is doing a blog tour and I am honored to say I have been asked to do a post. I will be reviewing “Classic Woolly Toppers” and one lucky commenter will win an awesome prize. Check back on October 3rd for my review and the full details!
The line up for the tour is really amazing … so many inspiring people! Be sure to check out the schedule below:
- 9th September 2012 The Electric Sheep Podcast hosted by Hoxton Handmade
- 13th September 2012 Subway Knits Podcast hosted by Maria MN
- 17th September 2012 Stolen Stitches Blog hosted by Carol Feller
- 21st September 2012 Tot Toppers Blog hosted by Kate Oates
- 25th September 2012 More Yarn Will Do the Trick Blog hosted by Jean Moss
- 29th September 2012 TheKnitgirllls Videocast hosted by Laura and Leslie
- 3rd October 2012 Sand And Sky Creations Blog hosted by Simone Van Iderstine
- 7th October 2012 Susan B Anderson Blog hosted by Susan B Anderson
- 11th October 2012 Dull Roar Blog hosted by Alex Tinsley
- 15th October 2012 rock+purl Blog hosted by Ruth Garcia-Alcantud
- 19th October 2012 Sheep to Shawl Blog hosted by Donna Druchanas
- 23rd October 2012 do stuff! leethal Blog hosted by Lee Meredith
- 27th October 2012 Bricoleur Knits blog hosted by Cirilia Rose
- 31st October 2012 Just call me Ruby Blog hosted by Susan Crawford
Happy knitting and spinning everyone!